Quilting for pleasure

Quilting for pleasure
Find Joy in the Journey

Saturday, July 2, 2011

Quilting for the Fair

Finally finished piecing together my "fair quilt" for 2011.  The fair theme this year is "Rock Around the Stock".  I kind of went with that and created an applique panel from the picture being used for the fair book.  Also used a tip from Jenny at Missouri Star Quilt Co. in making the blocks that surround the center panel.  I finished pinning the quilt together last night and will set up my trusty Brother 1500 to start machine quilting.  For some strange reason I ended up making a queen size quilt.  I don't usually make such a large one for the fair, but somehow I just kept going.  The chicken print fabric that is used in the quilt is actually the same fabric that I used for my kitchen curtains.  As I was sewing the quilt together Trace Adkin's song "Brown Chicken, Brown Cow" kept going through my mind.  I utilize my living room for my machine quilting space.  This really makes me focus on getting the quilting done as soon as possible.  Hope you all have a great 4th of July weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment