Finished the first of a few wildlife quilts. I call it "High Meadow". Cut the wildlife units from a panel. Used charm packs for the nine patch units. Added sashing to all units. Measures 80" X 82". Hubby loves this one too. Backed with soft cuddle flannel. Free motion meandering machine quilting which crosses over each other every once in a while. Reminded me of the tracks you see in nature.
Love the fabrics in this quilt
The wildlife blocks were beautiful.
Soft cuddle flannel on the back.
Wind was blowing so this is the best photo of the label.
Hubby & I went for a drive to Hatch in southern Utah. A small town on old Highway 89. The weather was cloudy but it was a very nice day. We did hit some rain here & there but not too much. Just south of Thompsonville I had to pull over to take a couple of photos. The clouds were hanging on the mountains. So beautiful. Hope everyone is having a great day too.
After pondering about the next 4 quilts on the list I finally decided to begin with an order for a little boy's bed quilt. It will be a simple design as the printed wildlife blocks need to stand out. I am using my 1946 Singer class 66 machine. She sews like a dream. Have to get one of the vintage machines up and running every once in a while.
Love this little 1946 beauty!
Sneak peak at some of the fabric for the next quilt.
Amazing how much I can fit into my small sewing room.
PICTURES OF THE EASTER EGGS THAT THE GRANDKIDS COLORED - HAD TO TAKE PHOTOS BEFORE THEY GOT TOSSED A WEEK AFTER EASTER.
One of my daughters in law found an idea on Pintrest. You add about 1/2 tsp to the coloring & dip the eggs. We found that if you dip the eggs in just plain dye & then into dye with the oil you got amazing results.
Worked all last evening & tonight to finished this quilt. I really like the way it came together. The patter is from the March/April 2015 Fons & Porters Love of Quilting. The quilt was designed by Linda Pumphrey. I did make one change by doubling the size of the outer borders. The quilt is a special order for a young woman's graduation. Hope she likes it. The weather was pretty grey this evening so I had to take the photos in the house. Lighting was not so good. The colors ares actually brighter than they appear.
Size turned out to be 77" x 91"
Love the way the blocks created the pattern.
The name came to me last night. I had something else in mind, but Harmony is what this quilt is.
Taking a couple of days of from my job. Must do that more often. Cleaned house yesterday morning. Time with Hannah. Lunch with Matthew, Alisha, & Hannah at Wendy's yesterday. Downloaded some embroidery designs to share with a friend. It was a good day.
This morning got up early. Decided today was the day to make a little pincushion out of the lovely cup that I bought at the thrift store a while ago. Sometimes, a girl just needs something "girly"! Love the way it looks. It makes me smile.
Also, the day will also have me trimming more of the half square pieces for the new quilt. Stack on the left are don. Just have the stack on the right left to do. Onward and Upward!
Stayed up last night to finish the trial block for new quilt order. One day I will learn how to adjust my camera so it takes brighter pictures. In the meantime, here is a sneak peak at what I am working on. I really love the pink, green, black, and bone colors together. Only 19 more blocks to go!
Started on a quilt order. Making half square triangles for the blocks. Each block has 12 of these puppies in it. So, I thought I had better make one of the blocks to see if this is really the pattern I need to use. I believe it is as I just can't seem to get away from it. We all know how I love making points (NOT)! But I feel this is the right way to go with this order.
The pink is a little brighter than what the photo shows. Will post the sample block when I get it done. There will be 20 blocks in the quilt when it's finished.
Sewing, trimming, sewing, trimming.
Every once in a while Tom & I go to see what's new at the thrift store. Well, today there was an Aldens Deluxe 146B sewing machine. No case, no table, but did have the wiring harness & foot pedal, instruction book, bobbin case, and the straight stitch foot. The manager of Deseret Industries marked it down to $25 so I bought it. Took it home - cleaned it up - oiled it up - adjusted tensions - it works like a dream. I had one sewing machine case left in my stock & it had a new wiring harness & pedal in it. In went the machine & TA DA! I will search for a zig zag foot. I can imagine sewing many quilt blocks on this puppy. Oh, and it is one of those HEAVY machines. We used to lovingly call them "boat anchors" in our store.
Here she sits in her new case.
Not often do I find the instruction manuals with the used machines.
I love having a day off during the week to do whatever I want to do. Took our paperwork to the accountant; had lunch with hubby; went to the thrift store; picked up stuff at the store; made cupcakes; stuffed shells for dinner; and a little quilt finished for a little guy who will be a year old soon.
Weather was lovely with just a bit of wind. Enjoying these lovely days. Back to work tomorrow.
Last night I finished the special order quilt. I call the quilt "Lookout Peak" as that was the fabric line that the pillow panels came from. The 9 square blocks were made with fabric from the "Ashford" line of fabric from RJR Fabrics which were designed by Jinny Beyer. Also used charm pack from the "Rustling Leaves" line.
The quilt is approximately 76" x 76" and backed with soft plaid print flannel. Machine quilted with an echo loop design.
Pillow panels were of wildlife deer/elk. Machine quilting is an echo loop design of my own.
Love the look of this quilt.
Lookout Peak was the name of the pillow panel fabric so it became the name of the quilt.
Matching pillow case always make a nice gift bag (I do not like to wrap!)