Quilting for pleasure

Quilting for pleasure
Find Joy in the Journey

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

My Sewing "Studio"

OK.  For those of you who have asked......No I do not have a large sewing area.  I took over one of the bedrooms after the kids moved out.  The closet is stuffed with fabric, yarn, etc.  I have books, magazines, scrapbooking stuff, and a computer compacted into the space.  I do most of my sewing on one of my machines right there in that little room.  Tom, my great hubby, made a thread holder for my larger spools and supports me in my "hobby".  I must admit that I did take over one more bedroom for my new Grace Frame and hubby was OK with that too.  I truly am a blessed woman!  Over the years I have had my machine tucked into a smaller than closet area, set up in dining rooms, kitchens and bedroom nooks.  I have dragged the machine to the kitchen table, set it up on folded tables, and even taken it outside when the weather permitted.  Where there is a will, there is a way.  Don't let what you believe to be a lack of space keep you from enjoying your creative life!  By the way, yes, the room is usually in disarray as I seem to always have a project in progress.



Using Accucut die cutter for current project!  Good thing that chair is there to help out!

No comments:

Post a Comment