Quilting for pleasure

Quilting for pleasure
Find Joy in the Journey

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

First time on the Grace Frame

I made a small one piece quilt and machine quilted it as a practice piece on my Grace Frame (GF).  I think I have the tension and speed control where it needs to be.  Piecing another quilt now to give the GF another practice session.  I will try swirls or stippling.  It's great when it's raining outside.....the yard work gets set aside for quilting.  Hope everyone is enjoying the summer.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad that I found you tonight because I am considering getting the same system. I want to hear all about it! :-) Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have nothing but good things to say so far. Just have to remember this is not a long arm system. There is a small area to quilt in. However, I managed to load a quilt, machine quilt it and take it off the frame all within a couple of hours. Practice on a few smaller quilts to get the feel of the machine - speed, tension, movement. Grace Frame was affordable, had excellent customer service, and fit in my small space. Keep in touch, I would like to know what you end up with!

    ReplyDelete