Quilting for pleasure

Quilting for pleasure
Find Joy in the Journey

Saturday, March 16, 2024

Notes from Sunnyside

 Sometimes you just hit that fabric sale and think to yourself "yes, I need to buy 3 layer cakes & 2 bolts of fabric to go with it".  I had made the "Sunnyside" quilt last month & this month I used all of the remaining 2 bolts & the rest of 2 layer cakes.  I did break into the 3rd layer cake in order to piece the backing to make it big enough for this new quilt which I called "Notes from Sunnyside".  The fabric is the Sunnyside line by Camille Roskelley for Moda Fabrics which I purchased from The Sunflower Quilt Company

I wanted to design something a bit different for this quilt so I used a basic "envelope" block and added sashings & corner stones to the block itself.  Then I decided I was going to offset the rows for a little visual movement.  I really like the way it turned out.  The quilt ended up being approximately 84" x 95".  I machine quilted it with a design called "Denise's Dragonflies" from Urban Elementz.  I used Glide thread in the color Blueberry.  I really like the color on the navy fabric.

I also ended up making a pillowcase to store the quilt in.  I usually make pillowcases for the quilts as when I sell the quilt it makes a nice "bag" to take it home in.  Did I mention I do NOT like to wrap things!  Pillowcases are my go-to gift bags.

I hope you are finding your joy on your journey.  Remember to celebrate Easter this month (& throughout the year) and the greatest gift we have been given, our Lord Jesus Christ.  God bless you all and thank you for taking time to follow my little blog.

84" x 95"

Notes from Sunnyside label

Pantograph called Denise's Dragonflies 

Pieced backing using layer cake pieces

and a pillowcase to store the quilt in


No comments:

Post a Comment