Quilting for pleasure

Quilting for pleasure
Find Joy in the Journey

Saturday, January 20, 2024

S'more Cottage

 I received the pattern called Log Cottage by Anna Fournelle of Fresh Dew Drops Quilting from Angie Erickson of Sunflower Quilt Co in Axtell UT.  I also purchased fabric from her to make this quilt.  The jelly roll is Love You S'more by Gracey Larson for Riley Blake Designs.  I used Grunge fabric in Christmas Green for the center of the blocks & Grunge in Metropolis Fog as the background fabric.  I did use the left over fabric to add a border as well as in the scrappy binding.

The quilt is 70" x 95 1/2" & is backed with 108" brown fabric which I purchased from Quilting4Love in Monroe UT.

The machine quilting is an edge to edge pantograph called Fishtail Palm from Urban Elementz.  I used Glide Thread in the color Linen for the machine quilting.

I machine bound the quilt and I am very happy with the results.  I had enough leftovers to create a pillowcase for the quilt.  Waste not Want not......

I added a border using the leftover pieces.
70" x 95 1/2"
The binding used 4 of the 5 left over jelly roll strips &
4 strips of the Grunge Christmas Green.

I Love You S'more jelly roll

Of course the label - S'more Cottage

and the pillowcase using even more
of the left over pieces.



No comments:

Post a Comment