Quilting for pleasure

Quilting for pleasure
Find Joy in the Journey

Sunday, July 22, 2012

Baby Shower in Venice

Yesterday was a baby shower for my daughter-in-law at her parent's home in Venice, Utah.  Her sister, Mindy, prepared wonderful goodies to eat.  So many of Alisha's friends & family showed up.  One of the special gifts that was made for my little granddaughter to be was a quilt & receiving blanket made from flannel that was the little one's great grandmother's.  A co-worker of Alisha's Mom made the blankets.  It was a wonderful & very touching gift.  As I am sentimental about things like that, it was heartwarming to know that my daughter-in-law feels the same way.  If you have the opportunity make someone's day by making an item from fabric that has some meaning behind it, I hope you take that opportunity & run with it.



No comments:

Post a Comment