Quilting for pleasure

Quilting for pleasure
Find Joy in the Journey

Saturday, September 30, 2023

I am Like a Star Shining Brightly

 I bought this pattern (Brightly by Cluck Cluck Sew) a few months ago and finally got around to making the quilt.  The bright fabric used on the top was gifted to me by a neighbor.  They are batik fabrics from Riley Blake Designs.  I used a white on white background and added 2 borders.  The pattern did not include borders, however, I love borders on my quilts.  The backing fabric was purchased on sale a while ago from The Stitching Room in Utah.

I machine quilted this one with an edge to edge meandering stipple using a Custard colored thread.  This one is machine bound as I was giving my poor hands a rest after harvesting the last of the potatoes & beets in the back garden area this morning.  Yes indeed it's potatoes for dinner!

I named this quilt "I am Like a Star Shining Brightly"   As I was sewing the blocks in these bright colors a Primary song kept repeating in my brain I am Like a Star Shining Brightly..

The quilt ended up 71" x 83" with the two added borders.

71" x 83"


I am Like a Star Shining Brightly


No comments:

Post a Comment