Quilting for pleasure

Quilting for pleasure
Find Joy in the Journey

Wednesday, December 8, 2021

Monkey Mates

I needed to use some 2 1/2" strips that I had left over from other projects & knew I wanted to make another Bonfire quilt by Scott Flannigan.  The pattern is in the Oct/Nov 2018 McCall's Quick Quilts magazine (page 36).  I used a bright stripe fabric on the border and backing which is called "Monkey Mates" from Marcus Brothers Fabrics.  That became the name of this quilt.  I also made a matching pillowcase for it as I had extra fabric.  The quilt finished at approximately 72" x 92" which is a nice twin size quilt.  I used a Swirl pantograph to quilt the quilt.

It is always fun to see what happens when I dig out some pieces from one of my scrap bins.  It is a fun quilt!


Finished at approximately 72" x 92"

Label attached.  "Monkey Mates" named
for the fabric used on the border and backing.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment