Quilting for pleasure

Quilting for pleasure
Find Joy in the Journey

Sunday, October 24, 2021

The Adventures of Carol Rose

 I wanted to make quilts for Hannah's cousins.  I had made one for James when he graduated from high school this past spring.  I found this sweet fabric at the shop & thought of Rosie right away.  She is Hannah's only other female first cousin.  I also made JJ a quilt but it is currently hanging in the shop for display.

I used several pieces of fabric from the Angels line by Patty Basemi for AGF Fabrics Daydream line.  I threw is some other fun fabrics as well.  The border was actually a piece of gifted yardage which I loved with the other fabrics in the quilt.  The binding is from the Goose Creek line from Poppie Cotton.

The quilt finished at approximately 81" x 98".  I quilted it with an all over meandering tear drop shape.  They are different sizes & different shapes and I had a great time quilting this with white thread.

Hannah helped finish sewing the binding on last night.  Special memory making!!!

Finished size 81" x 98"

"The Adventures of Carol Rose".  Rosie's full name
is Carol Rose & I knew this had to be the name of
this quilt.

Some of the fun fabrics used.

Llamas, Foxes, Hedgehogs, little girls, houses, hearts.  What more
do we need?
Hannah & Me finishing up the hand
binding.




No comments:

Post a Comment