Quilting for pleasure

Quilting for pleasure
Find Joy in the Journey

Friday, December 31, 2021

Bear Paw Lodge

 Just finished this quilt for my niece, Rosemary.  She mentioned that the last quilt that I had made for her was for her wedding which was several years ago.  She said that they love the outdoors, moose, elk, etc.  I designed this quilt specifically for her.  I used fabrics from the Bittersweet collection from Kansas Troubles with additional fabric that I had on hand from Kansas Troubles.  I love these fabrics.  They remind me of the outdoors and have such a "homey" feeling.

I designed the one row to include some moose, trees, and stars.  After all, part of loving the outdoors is loving the heavenly sky above the great outdoors.

The quilt finished at approximately 83" x 83".  It is backed with a cuddle soft flannel which is so outdoorsy looking it just made me happy throughout the process.

Though the quilt was technically finished today I am counting it as the first quilt of 2022.

I hope she loves it as much as I do.

Finished at approximately 83" x 83"

I designed the moose/tree/star row.

The name of the quilt is Bear Paw Lodge.
It is machine quilted with an edge to edge
pantograph called Combo.  I quilted
it with Turkey Red thread.
Hand bound with love.




1 comment: