Quilting for pleasure

Quilting for pleasure
Find Joy in the Journey

Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Changes In Attitude

 Finished my version of The Original Turning Twenty Just Got Better quilt by Tricia Cribbs.  I used reds, greys, & blacks to make the half square triangle blocks.  I set it in a different way than in her pattern but since it is essentially half square triangles that allowed me to turn the blocks to create a different pattern.

The quilt finished at approximately 73" x 87".  I backed it with a wonderful striped fabric which I also used in the bias binding.  I named the quilt "Changes in Attitude" because I am a Jimmy Buffet fan (parrot head) & that song just kept playing in my brain as I was machine quilting this quilt.  I used an edge to edge pantograph design called "Inside-Out".  Though a bit nervous in using this design I marked directional arrows on the plastic that covers the pantograph paper to make sure I was following the lines correctly & decided I really liked the design.

This is a great quilt pattern to try if you are an advanced beginner in quilting.  The original Turning Twenty pattern is always fun to do as well.  These patterns work up fairly quickly.

I really like the reds, blacks, & greys in the fabrics.

Of course the label.  I love the bias binding.

This is the Inside-Out edge to edge pantograph.  I stitched
it in dark grey thread with a black/white/grey veriegated
thread on the bobbin.



No comments:

Post a Comment