Quilting for pleasure

Quilting for pleasure
Find Joy in the Journey

Saturday, December 10, 2016

Fun Time

I am one of those people who cannot throw scraps of fabric out.  I do limit myself to nothing smaller than 1.5 inches.  After all, a girl has to set some standards by which to control her stash.

Anyway, I had just enough 6 inch flannel squares that were the remaining scraps from making my grandsons PJ's for Christmas.  Ended up with this little ditty.  It's 66" x 66".  I am a border gal, but I had just enough of the dino & polka dot flannel to make the backing.  That is what determined my not putting borders on this quilt.

I named it "Fun Time" because my grand daughter loves to take quilts and make "forts" and "tents" out of them.  I remember doing the same thing in my youth.  Yes, we had quilts back then smarty pants.

Also made a pillow case to store the quilt in.  I know this little quilt will eventually find the home it was made for.  My quilts usually do.

Merry Christmas to all and may God bless your lives this coming year.

Soft and cuddly and ready for use. 66" x 66"

":Fun Time"

Pieced backing and binding.

Pillow case



St. Luke 2: 8 - 11

And there were in the same country shepherds abiding in the field, keeping watch over their flock by night.

 And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.
10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
 11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment