Quilting for pleasure

Quilting for pleasure
Find Joy in the Journey

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Panguitch Quilt Walk 2014 - Day 1

Arrived early to get signed in & wander the vendor area.  I was so happy to see that Cotton Tree Quilt Company was here too.  They are the cute little quilt store in Salina, Utah that I mentioned on my blog last year.  Even though they are only about 20 miles from my home, I don't go North very often so don't get there as often as I would like.  But boy howdy!  I got some great fabric today at their display.  They are located in the upper part of the gymnasium where the quilt displays are.  Go visit.

At 12:30 Jenny Doan of the Missouri Star Quilt Company gave her trunk show.  She is absolutely fantastic.  Her hubby, Ron, was even good natured about the teasing.  Guess you shouldn't turn your back on the audience after your wife says you just got a new hip.

Fine Missouri Star Quilt at http://www.missouriquiltco.com


Stage lights were not on - sorry for the dark photo.


Problems with the microphone before Jenny started.  Taking a little break while that problem is worked out.

My first quilt class was a modern quilt class taught by Melissa Corry from Cedar City.  She just made the cover of Quilt Trends magazine (or I should say one of her quilts did).  She was very gracious & signed my copy of the quilt.  Melissa has a blog at http://www.happyquiltingmelissa.com
Her class was fun & I was able to get Block 1 & part of Block 2 finished.  These are block 1.  I am making a queen sized quilt so it requires 3 block 1 units & 5 block 2 units.  We got started a little late as the trunk show ran over just a bit.


Melissa Corry smiling for the camera.  Thanks Melissa!


Block 1


I have a room at an older motel in town.  Clean, work, but charming.  Close to the Quilt Walk Park & downtown.  Snapped some photos of the statue, benches, and names with history.  I really do enjoy learning about local history.







No comments:

Post a Comment