Quilting for pleasure

Quilting for pleasure
Find Joy in the Journey

Thursday, April 18, 2013

March 2013 Block of the Month

Taking a break from quilt orders & projects to work on my Craftsy 2013 Block of the Month blocks.  Finished the March block this morning & have the pieces cut out for the April block.  The March block was very easy to put together & is trimmed to 17 1/2" - so it is a nice big block.

The March block is called the "Economy Block".  The lesson was on drafting the center portion of the block.  I decided to just follow the pattern pieces & played with fabric to make the block my own.  I don't especially enjoy the drafting portion of this block, but I suppose it was good to refresh those skills!

Snowy weather has really helped me enjoy being inside sewing.  The sun is actually out today.  Still a little chilly, but so good to see the sun shining.

No comments:

Post a Comment