Quilting for pleasure

Quilting for pleasure
Find Joy in the Journey

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Katelin's Quilt Blocks

Two weeks ago I finished sewing the half square triangle units & squared them up ready to sew together.  Tonight I will be sewing on the last two borders & then piecing the quilt backing & hopefully loading on the quilt frame ready to machine quilt this next week.  I have been busy with work and now yard work begins!  Don't have the garden tilled yet, but that is on the list.

It took me about two weeks to finalize the design and layout of the quilt for Katelin.  Working with a photo of a quilt that she really liked, I broke it down & created my own pattern.  I actually kept track of the fabric yardage & colors that she chose for this project.

Now that I am almost down to the end of the project, I am a little nervous.  When someone commissions a quilt I usually have full reign on the design, color, style, etc.  I hope that this quilt will meet Katelin's expectations.

Enjoy the beginning of Spring everyone!

Units ready to press


Units all squared up

1 comment:

  1. I am so grateful and SOOO excited!!! Can't wait to see the finished product! You are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete