Quilting for pleasure

Quilting for pleasure
Find Joy in the Journey

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Katelin's Quilt is Finished!

Put the last stitch in the binding tonight.  I really like this quilt.  Created the entire quilt with half square triangles.  Had enough fabric to make matching king size pillow shams too.  Machine quilted with an edge to edge geometric pattern.  Free motion is my favorite quilting to do.  Allows me the freedom to be artistic.  We all know that I can't draw worth beans -but when I quilt, that's when I find my artistic wings!

I hope Katelin likes this quilt.  Sometimes when I have special orders I am a bit anxious about the reveal.  You just never know what the client had in mind.  I think I may be spot on with this one.  We shall see.


The star is centered.  When I drafted the pattern from a quilt that Katelin had seen I had to draft a pattern - added 4 rows in the length & 2 rows in the width to make a queen size quilt.  I actually wrote the pattern down on this quilt.  I don't usually do that.  Also kept the labels from the fabric for color & fabric line & yardage amounts.  Purchased the fabric from connectingthreads.com



Used some leftover units on the back too!  Just can't have a plain backing!


Of course there has to be a label.


Matching pillow shams - my own design.


A close up of the machine quilting.

No comments:

Post a Comment