Quilting for pleasure

Quilting for pleasure
Find Joy in the Journey

Saturday, September 29, 2012

What a Find!

On our way home from shopping today something shiny caught my eye.  Around the block we went and parked in front of the yard sale.  The shiny thing was the chrome on a Free Westinghouse Zig Zag sewing machine in a cabinet.  The bobbin winder tire needed replacement, the shaft on the winder was seized, the light will need to be rewired.  However, after 2 1/2 hours of cleaning and servicing I have one sweet machine.  What a bargain (or so I think) at $80.  The machine has a wonderful stitch and is very quiet.  I will have to buy some wiring to get the light going, but I am so happy with the purchase.  The machine is living in the kitchen for a few days until I decide where I want to put it.  I am not sure of the age but believe it is a model J2 manufactured somewhere in the late 1920's or 1930's.  It has all the attachments and instruction booklet too.




My daughter-in-law, Trista, came to visit her Mom over the last few days and made a wonderful little "motorcycle" out of diapers and baby stuff for our new little Hannah.  Her Mom helped her make the name blocks.  The gifts were so adorable that I had to take photos.  Trista is very creative (if you couldn't already tell from the gifts).



Here's hoping you all have a great autumn and remember to share your talents with others.

No comments:

Post a Comment