Quilting for pleasure

Quilting for pleasure
Find Joy in the Journey

Monday, September 3, 2012

Cocoa Creme

Finally finished the "1600 Quilt".  I used a smaller "jelly roll" so the center section of the quilt is smaller than the "1600 Quilt" would be.  I added two borders to make the quilt a finished sized of about 50" x 80".  This makes a nice quilt for someone who is tall or someone who just likes to be tucked in!  I used the scalloped edge by using my new Vines & Curves ruler purchased from Quilt In A Day.  I watched Jenny Doan's tutorial on the Missouri Star Quilt Company website (also found on Youtube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIHhTxTpMQ0&feature=player_detailpage.  The quilting is the "Meandering Peacock" pattern designed by Linda Taylor.  I used my Brother 1500 sewing machine which is set on a Start Right quilt frame from Grace Frame Co.  By using the Grace Laser I am able to follow a pantograph to do an all over design.
The quilt's name is "Cocoa Creme".  The colors reminded me of cherry chocolates and I used brown thread for the machine quilting.

Sorry, the photos didn't come out as well as they should have.  May have to break down and purchase a new digital camera.


Cocoa Creme





Center showing use of the 2 1/2" jelly roll strips


Curved edges - gentle 5" curves using the Vines & Curves ruler

No comments:

Post a Comment