Quilting for pleasure

Quilting for pleasure
Find Joy in the Journey

Sunday, September 23, 2012

September Blocks of the Month

This past month has been so busy that I just now got around to completing the September blocks of the month for my Craftsy class.  I did take a shortcut in making the units.  I have made a Drunkard's Path quilt in the past so I do know how to construct the unit.  However, I learned a simpler way of construction from Jenny Doan on Missouri Star Quilt Company's tutorial page.  As I am using only fabric on hand, the Cleopatra's Puzzle block is a little different than the actual pattern.  The pattern uses only 2 fabrics, but I didn't have quite enough so I used the 'lemon' & 'lime' fabrics.  The chain block pattern is another block made with what I had on hand.  My little stash box that I am using for this Craftsy class has alot of bright colors and some darker colors, but not very big pieces of those fabrics.  So this quilt will be a truly scrappy creation.

Chain Block on the left  -- Cleopatra's Puzzle on the right

PS - this beautiful little angel is our precious Hannah born this past Thursday.  Truly a little miracle and she has captured all of our hearts.



No comments:

Post a Comment