Quilting for pleasure

Quilting for pleasure
Find Joy in the Journey

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Split Layer Cake

Finally have my computer back & working great!  I finished my layer cake quilt last week.  I bought a bundle of 10 inch squares, but them into 3 1/2" by 6 1/2" rectangles.  Turned the smaller pile over & sewed the large pieces to the small pieces.  Then pressed and cut the block in half (5") lengthwise through the seam.  Turned one pile over & sewed the pieces from each pile together.  The end result was great.  An easy quilt that was fun to do.  Did an overall swirl & leaf free motion design.  Called the quilt "Sunshine & Lavender" because that was the color of the thread I used for the machine quilting.  Sunshine on the back & Lavender on the top.  I used leftover scraps to piece the backing together too.  I didn't want any leftovers in this project.  The holidays are coming so I am working on a scrappy Christmas quilt.


No comments:

Post a Comment