Quilting for pleasure

Quilting for pleasure
Find Joy in the Journey

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Christmas Quilt 2011

 Finished my Christmas quilt for 2011. I adapted the Prarie Patches pattern by Vicki Bellino that was featured in the November/December 2011 McCall's Quilting magazine. I used my Accucut birdhouse die, fussy cut the birds from some Christmas fabric, and used only fabric that I had in my stash. The machine quilting pattern is holly & berries. I drew a pantogram & followed the pattern with the laser attached to my Grace quilting frame. I can't wait to do more pantogram quilting! I pieced the backing too. Bonnie Hunt, a wonderful quilter & teacher, pieces many of her backings. As Thanksgiving is tomorrow, I have been thinking of all my many blessings. I thank my Heavenly Father for our abundance of food, clothing, shelter, gospel, and so much more. I hope all of you have a wonderful Thanksgiving day. Keep enjoying the journey.




 "NOEL"                                                                                   Pieced the backing

No comments:

Post a Comment