Quilting for pleasure

Quilting for pleasure
Find Joy in the Journey

Saturday, June 24, 2023

Up The Creek

 Commissioned quilt #5 of #6.  The fabric was fun to use.  The blue with the paddles on it was my favorite on this quilt.  The paddle fabric is called A Day At Then Lake by Laura Marshall for Wilmington Fabrics; the blue is Whisper Weave by Nancy Halverson for Benartex; and the grey textured fabric is Essentials by Danui Nai for Wilmington.  The backing is 108" wide Wilmington Essentials Watercolor Texture in dark grey.  I did a free motion quilting motif I call "Wonky Tetrus" (yes, I spelled it that way on purpose) & used a thread color called Dove.  All in all I am very happy with this one and I hope the customer is as well.  The fabric for the quilt top was purchased at Christensens Department Store in Richfield UT.  They have  quite the assortment of "outdoorsy" fabric which I use in several of my quilts for the hunters/campers/outdoors people.

The pattern for this quilt is called "Wonderland" from the Make It Christmas with 3 yard quilt book from Fabric Cafe.  I always increase the yardage to make bigger quilts.  Their books include sizes from  lap to king.

Finished at approximately 88 1/2" x 88 1/2"

Don't you just love those paddles!

I named this one "Up The Creek".
(as without a paddle)



No comments:

Post a Comment