Quilting for pleasure

Quilting for pleasure
Find Joy in the Journey

Wednesday, May 3, 2023

Poppie Trails

 Sometimes I think I should not watch quilting YouTube videos as I just end up adding more to my "to do" list.  The quilt I just finished was the Trailing Squares from Missouri Star Quilt Co.  I knew I must make this one as it looked fairly quick to make.  After my last quilt I needed an easy project!  I found just the right fabric line at The Stitching Room. I purchased the layer cake package and some yardage from the Betsy's Sewing Kit line from Poppie Cotton.

The quilt finished at approximately 80" x 90".  I also made a coordinating pillow case as I like to gift or sell the quilt in a special package whenever I have enough fabric left over from the actual quilt project.

I machine quilted this one with an edge to edge free motion design I call Organic Clam Flowers.  I watched some videos from Angela Walters , Leah Day, & others and combined several things from each one to come up with the design.  I had alot of fun with it as the size of the design varies, the number of echo lines change with each "flower", and once in a while a line will cross over another one.  Thank you to all those great quilters for encouraging me to be unafraid to just jump in and start a design.

There was one flying geese unit left over so it
became the label.  I called this quilt Poppie Trails.
Poppie for the fabric from Poppie Cotton &
Trails for the name of the quilt pattern 
Trailing Squares from Missouri Star Quilt Co.

Finished at approximately 80" x 90"

Coordinating pillow case.


No comments:

Post a Comment