Quilting for pleasure

Quilting for pleasure
Find Joy in the Journey

Tuesday, May 10, 2016

A little Creative Ingenuity Goes A Long Way

I have had my Grace Frame (Start Right) for a few years now.  I run my Brother 1500 on it for machine quilting.  This was a very affordable set up for me.  The one thing that I have dealt with is the batting.  Typically I rolled it up under the frame.  Then read about a great idea to use a pool noodle to wrap the batting around.  That worked fine, though it did sit on the floor in front of the frame as I use the space under the frame for storage (sewing machines, little couch, and exercise unit).
I decided to ask hubby if he could make a pole to hold the pool noodle up off of the floor so I wasn't kicking it as I was machine quilting.  Well, he bought a piece of PVC pipe, ends for the pipe and some chain.  This is what he came up with. Easy on the pocket book and works like a charm.  Batting rolls easily as I advance the top and bottom rails.

Loaded with batting

Chain on end of pipe unit which just loops over the side frame

Pool noodle (added part of a second noodle to make it long enough for my frame)

No comments:

Post a Comment