Quilting for pleasure

Quilting for pleasure
Find Joy in the Journey

Friday, November 22, 2013

Memory Aprons

Those who know me well, know that I am very sentimental about heirlooms.  Now heirlooms do not have to be treasures worth lots of money.  Heirlooms to me are those things that bring back cherished memories of someone who touched my life.

Seems there are many more of you out there too.  Recently I finished making aprons out of a neighbors grandfather's shirts.  It was an honor to be trusted to do this for the family.  I hope they are happy with the results.  The Christmas plaid shirt also has a set of hot pads to go with it.  I had to include the Wrangler tag somewhere.  I also used a cuff as the wrapper for the hot pads.  Love the pearl snap buttons! The blue plaid shirt has a ruffle added at the hem.

Trying to decide on the next project.  I was hoping to get PJ's done in time for Christmas, but things are busy around here.  Will burn some midnight oil if I find a moment or two.

Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving.




2 comments:

  1. This is such a wonderful idea. I have never thought of making aprons out of shirts that have memories. They turned out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much. It was a fun project and one I will do again!

    ReplyDelete