Quilting for pleasure

Quilting for pleasure
Find Joy in the Journey

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Busy Day Projects

Last night I finished my May BOM(block of the month) project.  The block is called "Strippy Hourglass".  For those of you who know me, you know that I am all about scrappy.  I have black & white, tan, and gold fabric for this years BOM Craftsy project.  That means I am using only fabric I have on hand.  So far, I am really happy with the blocks.



I also had a project from the Summer 2013 Quitler's World magazine.  It is a "Portable Ironing Board".  You start with a TV table & add a removable ironing pad made from a fat quarter, heat resistant batting, & bias binding.  I just happened to have everything but the TV table.  Found one at a local chain store for $5.  I used Insul Bright by The Warm Company for the heat resistant batting.  The pattern says to add an additional 2" to the size of the TV tray top, but I think when I make another one I will add another 1/2" to all the sides.  But I do like this little project.  It will be so handy to press my quilt blocks as they are being put together.



No comments:

Post a Comment