Quilting for pleasure

Quilting for pleasure
Find Joy in the Journey

Friday, May 3, 2013

Another Just For You Quilt

When you have a few left over fabric pieces from a commissioned quilt you just have to make another quilt for that person!  That's what I did with the fabric from Katelin's quilt.  I decided to try Jenny Doan's "Falling Charms" layout and this is what I came up with.  I had all of the quilt top fabric & enough fabric in my stash for the backing.  It was quick, easy, and I really like this layout.  I will definitely be making another quilt with this pattern.  I have made a few quilts that I label "Just for You".  I hope the person receiving the quilt knows that I had them in my mind while making the quilt.

Next, finishing another quilt order, May Block of the Month blocks, curtains for my great-niece, and start my fair quilt.

Close up


Falling Charms pattern by Jenny Doan of the Missouri Star Quilt Co.


Left over block from Katelin's quilt used for the label

4 comments:

  1. I saw the tutorial for this pattern and think it looks so fun! Your quilt turned out very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you all. It was a fun quilt to make. I love Jenny Doan's tutorials. I have made several quilts using her techniques.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I absolutely love this and I can't wait to see it in person! Once again, you amaze me!!!

    ReplyDelete