Quilting for pleasure

Quilting for pleasure
Find Joy in the Journey

Saturday, August 11, 2012

Scrappy Balkan

I finished putting my label on my Scrappy Balkan quilt tonight.  I used the Balkan Puzzle pattern to use up some of my 5" scraps for the center of the blocks & the green & red fabric were in my stash.  I decided to use the 2 1/2" scraps for the binding.  I really like the finished quilt.  Then again, scrappy is my favorite type of quilt.  I will now have to get my August blocks of the month started before September blocks get here.  Still crocheting around receiving blankets & burp cloths in the middle of every thing else.  My poor garden didn't do too well in the hot weather this summer.  Of course, I don't have much of a green thumb.  My wall hanging got a Theme ribbon at our County Fair this week.  Very happy with that.

Balkan Puzzle  blocks set on point

Overall machine quilted using my open petal design 

Scrappy binding & label 

No comments:

Post a Comment