Quilting for pleasure

Quilting for pleasure
Find Joy in the Journey

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Wall Hanging

Our Relief Society (the woman's organization in my church - The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints) is working on humanitarian projects.  Someone had created the embroidered blocks & my job was to design a wall hanging.  Using the basic guidelines on the LDS Humanitarian Services website I came up with this little wall hanging.  The directions also requested that 1" nails be included for hanging purposes.  I made a pocket and sewed it to the back of the wall hanging and placed the nails in the pocket.  I had just purchased the jungle themed fabric on a clearance sale about a month ago and it was just the ticket for this little wall hanging.  I would like to challenge all the Mothers out there (new moms, to be moms, want to be moms, grandmoms) to do an act of service this week.  You will be amazed how good you will feel.




ldsphilanthropies humanitarian-services pattern

No comments:

Post a Comment