Quilting for pleasure

Quilting for pleasure
Find Joy in the Journey

Monday, October 17, 2011

Bailee's Choice

The order came in the form of an email - 10 year old girl wants a new quilt for Christmas.  Must be hot pink & black with peace signs, and some white would be OK too.  Well, you know me, I had to see what I could come up with.  I found a free pattern from WalMart, purchased my fabric from Connecting Threads online, rolled up my sleeves & went to work.  I had to add the floral fabric because you can't have peace signs without flower power!  Took about 3 1/2 weeks from start to finish (in between work, yard, etc.).  Finished machine quilting it yesterday & the label went on last night.  The name of the quilt is "Bailee's Choice".  I hope I came close to what she wants.  It was too dark this morning to photograph the quilt, so I asked Lee Bennet of Sevier Office Supply in Richfield if I could photograph the quilt in their store.  I loved the backdrop of books & stuff.  A BIG THANK YOU TO SEVIER OFFICE SUPPLY!

No comments:

Post a Comment