I decided to use some of my red, white and blue scraps to see what I could come up with. I chose to use my new Dresden Plate die cutter from Accuquilt and one of my favorite die shapes, the Tumbler. Just by chance I stumbled upon a close out on the red, white and blue striped fabric (dare I say it) for only $1 per yard. After making sure it was good quality cotton fabric, I bought what was left on the bolt. Needless to say, the next couple of red, white and blue quilts will likely have the striped fabric somewhere in it. The Dresden Plate was fun to make. I used the leftover 9 patch blocks in the backing too. Quilters really know how to be "green"!