Quilting for pleasure

Quilting for pleasure
Find Joy in the Journey

Friday, February 5, 2010

So you want to make a Quilt!

As a quilt enthusiast, I find myself encouraging anyone interested in creating a quilt to just do it. In teaching beginning quilt classes I find that most beginners need to first learn the ins and outs of their sewing machines. So, that's where we start. Become friends with your machine, don't be afraid to ask for help. Once you know how to plug the machine in, turn it on, change the needle, use good thread, and get over the fear of pressing the pedal to make it go - you are ready to begin to sew. If you don't know if it's something you really want to do, I suggest that you beg or borrow some scraps from a sewing friend. Don't be afraid to have all kinds of colors and textures. You will not fail.

Next - what pattern do I chose - and how do I cut it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment