Quilting for pleasure

Quilting for pleasure
Find Joy in the Journey

Monday, February 8, 2010

Quilting - Think outside the lines


One of the exciting things about a quilt is allowing yourself the freedom to quilt it however you choose. There is no right or wrong choice when it comes to the design and technique. For beginners, tying a quilt seems the safest way to go. I love to see a student embrace the freemotion technique with their sewing machine. I am a doodler at heart. I doodle all over the quilt and somehow it seems to find the path that I imagined. From the color of thread to the design itself I am always amazed by the end result. Don't think I haven't unpicked a wayward line or two. In the end, the story in the quilt, from design, to fabric, to finishing, is all you. Just sit back and enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment