Quilting for pleasure

Quilting for pleasure
Find Joy in the Journey

Sunday, March 19, 2023

Whirligig

 When I first starting putting this quilt together it reminded me of the whirligigs in my Mom's yard &  flower gardens.  This quilt is the third pattern that I have used from the Make It Christmas with 3 Yard Quilts from Fabric Cafe.  I enlarged the pattern to a twin size so I purchased 6 yards of fabric.  I do have leftover fabric to use in another project.  I have really enjoyed using these patterns and will probably make most if not all of the patterns in that book.  I used two pieces from the Flower Pot line from Lella Boutique for Moda.  I would have loved to have purchased the fat quarter bundle but settled for the two taupe pieces from the line.  I am a huge fan of the Grunge line from BasicGrey for Moda.  I used the Vanilla & Mustard colors in this particular quilt.  

I machine quilted an edge to edge pantograph pattern called Sunflowers for Ukraine from Quilting Pantographs.  I have enjoyed the patterns that I have received from them.  I do have to print them out and tape them together in order to use on my quilting set up but I am so thankful that is an option for me.

I named the quilt "Whirligig".  I recently had to say goodbye for now to my sweet little Mom who loved flowers and doodads for her garden.  We will miss her but know that we shall meet again.  She was a talented seamstress, crafter, knitter, and the best Mom.  God Speed little Mama.










No comments:

Post a Comment