Quilting for pleasure

Quilting for pleasure
Find Joy in the Journey

Saturday, January 28, 2023

Extraordinary Lives

 Whew!  This was a big one to make.  Sweet woman requested a king size quilt.  She didn't give me an idea of color or pattern so I chose the Enchanting pattern from Fabric Cafe's book "The Magic of 3 Yard Quilts".  One of the reasons I enjoy their books is that they include pattern sizes from small to queen/king.  I hope Lavonna enjoys this quilt as much as my hubby does.

For the top of the quilt I used the following fabrics:  Lancaster Light Tan by Jo Morton for Moda; Swiss Dot/Gold Sparkle by Riley Blake Designs; and Quilt Barn Prints Family Words on Black by Painted Sky Studio for Benartex.  All of this fabric was purchased from The Stitching Room.  The backing is 108" wide fabric called Mandala Allover by Kim Diehl for Henry Glass Fabrics.

As the quilt did not fit on my frame I was able to utilize a neighbor's Innova longarm to create an edge to edge design that I call Fractured Palms.  

The quilt turned out to be approximately 93" x 107".  I hope she loves it as much as I do.





No comments:

Post a Comment