Quilting for pleasure

Quilting for pleasure
Find Joy in the Journey

Sunday, July 11, 2021

Happy Glamping

 This past month I purchased the Joy In The Journey panel which is a line from Riley Blake Designs.  I purchased my panel & fabric from The Stitching Room.  I cut the panel pieces into individual blocks and designed a quilt to use these pieces.  The fabric line is a fun one and I do believe I will be keeping this quilt for myself.

Some of the fabrics that I used in this quilt are Joy In The Journey Panel (I used Olive); Joy In The Journey Plaid Charcoal; Gingham Gardens Check Green/My Mind's Eye; Joy In The Journey Floral Charcoal; Cream/Gold polka dot (used in the 9 patch blocks); Joy In The Journey Plaid Coral (used for the binding); and for the backing I used Joy In The Journey Main Olive & pieced it with Gingham Gardens Blossoms Coral.  I did not know exactly how I was going to make the quilt so I used the yardage that I had purchased when I bought the panel.  I love the way it turned out.  It is just a fun quilt.  I call this one "Happy Glamping".  Thought I don't have a Glamper of my own (maybe one day) this just makes me happy.  The quilt measures approximately 55" x 70".  I did an edge to edge pantograph machine quilting pattern called Curlz.

Here's hoping that you all have a wonderful summer whether you are camping in a tent, staying in a cabin or are fortunate enough to have your very own Glamper. 

If you would like a copy of my pattern just message me.







Panel (Olive)


No comments:

Post a Comment