Quilting for pleasure

Quilting for pleasure
Find Joy in the Journey

Sunday, March 4, 2018

Apple Time Quilt

My daughter in law, Trista, wanted to make a quilt for one of my grandson's teachers.  Apparently, she is an exceptional teacher.  Well, Trista is a busy mother of 4 & attending college as well.  I ended up making the quilt after finding a pattern called "Bushel of Apples" by  Penny Rose Fabrics.  It measures about 68" x 68".  I really like the bright colors.  Trista had purchased several fat quarters & I added some pink, yellow, white print, and the yellow & red border fabric.  I have given information on the apple appliques in a previous blog.

I machine quilted a very simple all over loop pattern with a custard colored thread.

I usually make a matching pillowcase to gift the quilt in.  However, this time I used the left over 9 patch squares and the one apple applique block and made a tote bag.  I am very happy with the results.

The sun finally shining through the front windows.  We had a storm blow through last night so it was too wet to take pictures outside.

I love all of the colors.

Had to make the label on my Babylock as my embroidery machine needs some work.  But it will do for this quilt.  I named the quilt "Apple Time".

Made a matching tote bag with the leftover 9 patch blocks & the one left over applique block.


No comments:

Post a Comment