Quilting for pleasure

Quilting for pleasure
Find Joy in the Journey

Thursday, October 10, 2013

My new machine!

Hubby went to the DI (Deseret Industries) thrift store today and found this little treasure for me.  It is a child's machine dated between the 1940's - 1950's.  It is a sweet little machine (Stitch Master made in Chicago IL by Gateway Engineering Co.) that does a chain stitch.  Cost him $8.  He was so proud of his purchase that he had to stop by my office to show me.  Of course I love the gift and the fact that he thought about me when he saw it.

I am almost finished machine quilting the last of 3 quilts for a customer.  Haven't done much sewing for me.  Managed to fit in some time at lunch yesterday by taking my Singer Featherweight II to work & set up in the breakroom.  Got some of the half square triangle blocks sewn for my Craftsy BOM.


2 comments: