Quilting for pleasure

Quilting for pleasure
Find Joy in the Journey

Thursday, January 3, 2013

It's in the bag!

I watched a couple of tutorials on my favorite Missouri Star Quilt Company site.  Jenny Doan showed how to make a bag from charm squares.  The tutorial is entitled "3 bags 1 charm".  There was also a tutorial on making preemie blankets using charm squares.  Well, I had some orphan blocks (you know, those unused quilt blocks that hide in your boxes).  Any way, I thought, hmmmmmmm, what if I used some orphan blocks instead of charm squares to make the bag.  What do you know.  I have a bag.  I used an orphan block as the inside pocket, 2 orphan blocks for the front and the back, added a flap closure with velcro closing, and a button tied on with ribbon for an embellishment.  Still have a couple of orphan blocks left to make a preemie blanket or two.  I hope you all check out the Missouri Star Quilt Company online.  I just received two orders in the mail from them.  The one invoice included a hand written note from Julie wishing me a good day.  Well, with wonderful folks like the ones at the MSQC I will have a wonderful day.

I hope you all have a wonderful day too.

1 comment:

  1. Very creative! I love projects to use up "unused" scraps. this is cute! I'll have to check out the tutorial and whip one up for myself! :)

    ReplyDelete