Quilting for pleasure

Quilting for pleasure
Find Joy in the Journey

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Home of the Brave

Finished putting my label on the Americana print quilt last night.  I used the Americana layer cake packet (10" squares) as the base of the quilt purchased from Keepsake Quilting.  I then added the blue border and the appliqued stars.  Needed to come up with a machine quilting pattern so I designed my "Fractured Stars" pantograph.  This is an edge to edge free motion pattern and it was fun to do.  Of course I had to use the one lonely star that was left over from the border in my label.  Sometimes the names of the quilts are with me from the very inception, however, this one didn't come to me until it was fully quilted.  I just knew I had to name it "Home of the brave".  Next quilt is soon to be cut out.  Hope everyone has a great week and keep on sharing with those around you.


No comments:

Post a Comment