Quilting for pleasure

Quilting for pleasure
Find Joy in the Journey

Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Deco Deer

 Completed the second wall hanging pattern from Corey Yoder of Coriander Quilts. This is her Deerly Loved pattern.  I changed the deer from a light tan to a brown which for me is much in keeping with the deer that roam our yard.

I called this one "Deco Deer" (because he is DECOrated)!  I know that made you smile.

I used the Starberry fabric line from Coriander Quilts & used a solid white for the background.  I have really enjoyed working with this fabric line.

I machine quilted the project using a light tan cotton thread using my Brother 1500S machine  (which has been replaced as it is no longer available) on my Start Right frame from Grace Frame (which is no longer available due to new products).  This set up has served me well for over 12 years and allows me to put a smaller project on the rails without having to piece the backing to give me the needed fabric for my longarm.  As this quilt only measures 42" x 42" I was able to use a width of fabric cut from my yardage.  The edge to edge pantograph is called "Feather Meandering" by Linda V. Taylor.  I really like the way it looks on this project.

Now, onto the next quilt in line!

Find joy in your journey.

Wall hanging = 42" x 42"

Binding & backing used some fabrics
from the Starberry line.



No comments:

Post a Comment