Quilting for pleasure

Quilting for pleasure
Find Joy in the Journey

Thursday, April 4, 2024

Beep Beep Jeep

 My youngest son requested a Jeep quilt for a friend's baby boy who is expected to make an appearance this month.  The friend owns a white Jeep.  I had made my son a red Jeep quilt, as he owns one.  I adapted the Off-Road quilt pattern by Seriously I Think It Needs Stitches - Kelli Fannin Quilt Designs.  This is the 3rd Jeep quilt that I have made but the only baby quilt out of those three.  I used a darker background so the white Jeep would show up.  I added silver metallic thread to the headlights & front of the hood/grill area.  The quilt is approximately 49" x 49" and backed with a cuddle soft flannel.

I machine quilted an edge to edge pantograph called Nuts & Bolts from Urban Elementz.  I love the way it turned out.  I machine bound the quilt using a decorative stitch.  My hands just wouldn't have lasted completing a hand binding this week.  I like the overall look!

I call this one Beep Beep Jeep.

I hope the parents appreciate the gift.

49" x 49"

Label

Edge to edge pantograph - Nuts & Bolts



No comments:

Post a Comment