Once upon a time there was a young woman who said she has always wanted one of my quilts. Well, you know what I had to do - that's right - I got busy making one of my favorite patterns "Jacob's Ladder".
This is another time-honored block that's fun to play with. There are many discussions on the history of this block and this is but one of those:
There are many variations of this block and you may have seen it referred to as the Road to California or Stepping Stones block, Underground Railway or Wagon Tracks block. These variations reflect how the colors are used in the block, and the geographical locations they represent.It's simple in design, but it allows you to create stunning links in your quilt layout. It can be used as an overall design or as a secondary block to add diagonals to your pattern.
The quilt ended up being approximately 81" x 94" inches. I used an assortment of fabrics from Redwork Gatherings by Primitive Gatherings & some extra fabrics from Primitive Gathering as well as Bittersweet Lane from Kanas Troubles Quilters both from Moda Fabrics. I backed it with a lovely flannel from Benartex. I machine bound this quilt (easier on my arthritic fingers don't you know) and called this quilt "Country Gatherings".
I machine quilted this one with a pantograph called Fern from Urban Elementz using Glide thread in the color Bark.
I have enough left over fabrics to make another one of these quilts. Of course it won't be identical as some fabrics have been used up in this quilt. However, when you love those colors and designers you know you can always find something to use in my stash.
I hope this gift brings warmth, love, and may the prayers that are stitched therein be felt by the sweet gal who expressed a desire for one of my quilts.
May God bless you and keep you always.
Your quilter friend,
A



No comments:
Post a Comment