Quilting for pleasure

Quilting for pleasure
Find Joy in the Journey

Thursday, September 26, 2024

Ride Free

 I had purchased the cotton motorcycle print a few months ago (oh and I recently bought the same fabric in tan/brown colors) and I had also bought 2 pieces of Minky fabric thinking that's what I would use for a backing for this fabric.  Well, I ended up making a twin size quilt so I had to piece together Minky in order to have enough to use for backing on this quilt.  The pattern is "United" by Fran Morgan of Fabric Cafe from their Make It Patriotic With 3 Yard Quilts book.  I have enjoyed using their patterns as they are fairly quick to make & always fun.

I called this one "Ride Free" as that was one set of the words on the motorcycle fabric.

I machine quilted this one with a pattern called "Square Halls" from Quilting Pantographs.  It was graphic enough to work well with this quilt.  I used Glide thread in the color Cool Grey for the quilting.

Even though the backing turned out more wonky than I had planned, I don't mind it at all.  Sometimes I push myself outside the box.  This backing did that for me.  Yes, I am still vacuuming up the Minky fluffies.  I even had to clean the ceiling light fixture as it had more fluffies in there as well.  I guess I do sew fast sometimes.  Let the fabric fluffies fly!!!

Size: 62" x 87"

Label - Ride Free

Pieced backing


No comments:

Post a Comment