Quilting for pleasure

Quilting for pleasure
Find Joy in the Journey

Tuesday, May 28, 2024

What's New Pussycat

 I have been busy making quilts for the Sleep In Heavenly Peace project, however, I do sneak one of my own quilts in between those donation quilts.  Finished the Turning Twenty pattern tonight.  Actually, I made the twin size so you only use 16 Fat Quarters so maybe it's a Turning Sixteen quilt?  Anyway, the pattern is very quick to put together especially when I use the dies that I had designed for my Accuquilt Studio cutter.  The quilt finished at 75" x 80" and I used almost all of the fabric that I had purchased for the project.  Just a few small scraps for the scrap drawer.  That makes me very happy.

I machine quilted this one with the Inkblot edge to edge pantograph from Urban Elementz.  I really like the fabrics.  They took me back to the early 1970's - psychedelic times!  I machine bound the quilt and pieced the backing as I was just a few inches short of the fabric that I had purchased (the ink splatter pattern) but since I had purchased the last of the bolt of fabric I had just enough of the border fabric to piece the backing.  

I called this one "What's New Pussycat" as I had that old Tom Jones song playing in my mind every time I looked at the fabrics.  Of course the kitty printed fabrics helped!  Hope you enjoy this quilt as much as I do.

Love the "funky" fabrics.

Machine quilting is the Inkblot pattern
from Urban Elementz

Of course the label - What's New Pussycat


No comments:

Post a Comment